Sunday, November 1, 2015


26. October


On Monday I had Conceptual Composition in the morning. It was mostly individual work on a concept of my own, for which I had an idea - Stop-Motion video. I showed my stop-motion so far to the teacher, who gave me some feedback and a green light to go forward with the idea.

At this day, I also learned from Inese that my timetable will change. There will be less fine arts subjects, such as no painting, drawing and composition. Instead, there will be more computer subjects, such as more Computer Graphics. I welcomed this decision, because I have hinted it before to Inese and other teachers that I will learn much more relevant skills with computer subjects than with fine art studies.

27. October


Tuesday was a one of the days with the only fine arts subject where I had work to continue, Sculpture. The clay statue already begins to take shape, I am glad. The teacher looks like a really serious man, but occasionally shows some sense of humor. Really therapeutic subject, but after few hours or so, sculpting becomes straining and I have to rely on teacher's notions.

28. October


Wednesday was again sculpture in the morning, followed by lots of foto lessons. I scrapped my previous work and started on a fresh page. It's still work in progress. Basically, as I understand, I am supposed to prepare a black and white photo manipulation, which will be later used for photo printing. Teacher speaks in really long sentences, but I give my best to understand, what he is saying.

29. October

On Thursday I was invited to a field trip in the morning, but later it turned out that school didn't want me to go, since I need to attend to maximum amount of lessons offered by teacher. I was really sad, but whatever. 

In Computer Graphics, the teacher revealed to me that he could actually accept me for 1 intership week at company he is hired by - the DDB Latvia. It was good news! Teacher told me that the company belongs to a world-wide chain, and that they are one of the biggest design companies operating in the baltics.

I spent the rest of my time mastering my pen-tool skills on Illustrator, by designing a word logo.

30. October

Technically, it was a free day, according to renewed time table, but I still came to school, working on my clay statue, since the teacher told me that it needs to be completed next week and I might fall behind otherwise. It was also partly suggested by me, so I was happy to continue working and show some self-discipline like that.

Rest of the day was another sad news: Kaisla, the finnish exchange student, she is leaving today! She gave us all flowers and hugged everyone goodbye! It was an emotional moment.

At friday night, me, Sara (visiting student from Chech Republic for few days) and Ance went to DAD Cafe, since one of our schoolmates, Rute, was hosting an exhibition of her painting works in there. It was a fun night, I got to see the infamous Miera street.








No comments:

Post a Comment